Re: mail sorting tool

Martin Man wrote:

> Hi gurus,
>         which tool would you suggest me to use for simple mail sorting for my
> small company. Let's say we're getting email for our domain via POP from one POP
> account and I've to distribute appropriate email messages to
> appropriate mailboxes according to To: and Cc: headers.

Assuming this is a *small* company, why can't you just use the alias
file?

Address          local user
sales:      joe
support:    sam
info:       sam
*:          boss

I set up a similar system for a small office (11 client machines), gave
each machine an account on the mail server then aliased the proper mail
to that machine and (in this set up) the boss got a copy of everything.
i.e.

michelle:   mach1,mach4
michele:    mach1,mach4
paul:       mach2,mach4
dave:       mach3,mach4
david:      mach3,mach4
sports:     mach3,mach4
boss:       mach4
etc.....
*:          mach4    # everything else

If you want to filter the mail further you can then use procmail rules
for each user (i.e. the boss in Bermuda on weekend so forward his mail
there) and/or globally (i.e. can SPAM)

Pete