Re: IPv6 over ppp autoconfiguration not working in squeeze

Good morning!

Adam Spragg wrote (Mon 2011-May-16 23:32:46 +0100):

> I've thought about configuring the address statically, but can't figure out
> how to do it. "address" does not appear to be an option for "ppp" stanzas.
> I've tried setting it in the /etc/ppp/peers/myisp file with
>
>     ipv6 2001:4d48:ad51:300::1

For my IPv6-only PPPoE uplink, I've been using the following
lines in a file in "/etc/ppp/peers/" successfully for several
years now:

   noip
   +ipv6
   ipv6 ::abcd:1

pppd will use the prefix learned via PPP and the local part as
given in the "ipv6" line to form the IPv6 address of the pppX
interface.

No other change (compared to an IPv4-only PPPoE uplink) was
required.

Cheers, Marcus

--
   Marcus C. Gottwald  ·  <mcg@cheers.de>  ·  https://cheers.de