Re: defining static IPv6 addresses in /etc/network/interfaces

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:

This sort of configuration works for me, with the change
s/interface/iface/ (it's not clear whether that was just a typo in your
mail or whether that could be the problem).

It was the problem.

Now, however, when the interface comes up, the router advertisements from the
gateway take precedence over the statically defined address, which isn't
exactly what I want.

I do want those router advertisements for other machines on my local LAN.

Thanks for the help and apologies for the typos.