Re: broken IPv6 code

On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 09:18:18PM +0900, YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / ?$B5HF#1QL@?(B wrote:

> On USAGI linux24 kernels, you can bind both ipv6 and ipv4 socket to the
> same port number by CONFIG_IPV6_DOUBLE_BIND option.
> Its hehavior is like KAME's freebsd3's one.  For example,
> if there's only ipv6-wildcard socket, ipv4 connection will go to ipv6
> socket.  If there're both of ipv6-wildcard and ipv4-wildcard socket,
> it will go to ipv4 socket.

 Hmm, if that's the case, then if you only bind to the ipv6-wildcard socket,
another process could bind to the ipv4-wildcard socket on the same port and
intercept the connections you were expecting to receive.  If the port is
>1023, then that is a real security problem.

 Just thought I'd point that out, in case not everybody had thought of this
yet :)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y