When will next release of im-config happen?

There is a "devel" branch in the im-config repo with a not insignificant commit from July:

https://salsa.debian.org/input-method-team/im-config/-/commit/0ecace6c

It has not been uploaded yet, though, not even to experimental. My simple question is: Why not?

The reason I ask is that Ubuntu will soon release next version with 5 years support (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS). If the new approach, i.e. setting all the environment variables irrespective of the presence of applicable modules, is better in some sense, I can think that we should ship 20.04 with that change included. Or is there a good reason not to rush?

Thanks!

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj