Re: Request Sponsorship and Maintainer ibus-table-myanmar

Hi,

You know we are in freeze period ... this means no new package will
migrate to testing.  You have missed to release these packages for
buster.  But you have good chance for bullseye and bookworm ;-)

Maybe chance to offer back port package for buster in future.

So you are in no rush.

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 11:25:58AM +0630, Ko Ko Ye` wrote:
> Hi Sir
>
> Please kindly check for our Myanmar Keyboard Package.
>
> I upload to mentor.
>
> ibus-table-myanmar is ibus-table base Myanmar Keyboard.
>  - ibus-table-zawgyi
>  - ibus-table-burmese
>       from 2010 to 2012 at Make file,
>      2018 at try to upstream, but not get sponsor.
>      No implement form ibus-table-chinese source template.
> https://salsa.debian.org/kokoye2007-guest/ibus-table-myanmar/

OK

> ibus-keymagic is keymagic smart keyboard  for ibus engine
>  50+ Language is using keymagic - 2009 ~
>  its smart autocorrect, auto reorder with custom rules, can make custom
> shortcut etc.

OK

>  MacOS and Windows user is can download from Keymagic.net
>  i have PPA for Ubuntu 2012. but 2018 at Debian Mentor at fail with no
> sponsor.
>   https://github.com/thantthet/keymagic
>   official keyboard list https://github.com/thantthet/keymagic/tree/master/
> LayoutScripts

Yah, we are very thin in resource.

Why you make native package  for ibus-table-myanmar.
(Yah, I know its simple that way as a hack for local  use but that may
turn off sponsor.  It looks sloppy. Even if you are now upstream, ...
Your watch file looks funny

Are these packages lintian clean.

Do you have prebuild package uploaded to https://mentors.debian.net/?

I really don't have time but did you work with people to become DM?
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer
https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

If you give me a package in gbp-buildpackage ready with no lintian
warning, I may consider uploading.

This is simple enough package. Please read at least:
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debmake-doc/index.en.html and linked
pages I wrote.

Osamu