Re: rx6600

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 12:17:25PM +0200, Mozzi wrote:

> Heya all
>
> I have a HP Invent rx6600 dual Itanium2 server here.
> I seem to have a problem even booting a Linux cd from it properly, has anyone
> got it installed on this beast?

Not myself, but it should work.

> The HP site has a lot of info on the Proliant servers but, not much on the
> Invents.
> Should I use The HP Integrity Essentials Foundation Pack for Linux? it only
> seems to support sles and rhel.

You don't need to, you can boot the debian installer cd directly.
I'd suggest taking into account the console info here:
 http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/ia64/release-notes/index.en.html
And here:

If you do have problems, please file an installation report.

--
dann frazier