Re: i18nspector: database result

Hello,

reading international DDTP pages I found this[1]:
"There exists plans to implement a new framework to aid translation of
various documents in Debian, such as PO files and Debconf templates.
This should also support package descriptions at some time. Once this is
active and works as expected, the current DDTP and it's frontends will
be shut down."
This phrase is connected with my second question, is there anyone that
could give me more information about this plan?

Thanks

On Mon, 2013-02-25 at 21:55 +0100, Fabio wrote:
> I have three questions:
>   - what is better for debian project? Continue with my work, a sort of dashboard, or help in others projects (for example DDTP)?
>   - is there any plan to use an online tool for translation? (example Pootle, ..)
>   - I have used Java in my program. Do you know if there are any constraints for the language to use in debian for web application?
~~~
[1] http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/ddtp