Re: prey 0.4.4-2: Please translate debconf PO for the package prey

Quoting helix84 (helix84@centrum.sk):

> Hi Christian,
> I'm sorry, my bad.
> I took the files from this page:
> http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/pot#prey
> The reason was that I'm not subscribed to d-i18n, so I don't get the
> .po files to my mailbox and I wanted to avoid mangling them by copying
> them from the mailing list web archive.
>
> I think I made this mistake before. I'll try to watch out in the future.
> May I ask when do those pot templates generally get updated?

Daily. However, in the case of packages where a full review of English
is being conducted just as it happened for "prey", the process is
slightly different:

- announce of the review in -i18n, with a message saying something
like "don't work on <foo> translations as of now: a review will
happen"
- review on debian-l10n-english
- bug report with fixed templates sent to thepackage
- translation update round lead by the review coordinator (often /me
or Jonathan Wiltshire as ofnow). This is where an *unpubllished* POT
file is used
- after about 10 days, final summary sent to maintainer

The maintainer is expected to upload the package quite soon, otherwise
an outdated POT file remains published as material on web pages is
taken from packages in the archive).

In short, I think you should subscribed to -i18n, Ivan... Being the
de-facto "coordinator" of Slovak translation work (being the most
active translator gives you this title), this is kind of a duty..:-)

The list is not very high traffic anyway. It is mostly made of
annoucements where browsing Subject: line is often enough to get the
needed information.

About packages that "appear" on web pages, ie packages that suddenly
happen to have debconf templates: you can expect an English review to
happen quite soon after they appear. I monitor such packages and alway
propose a review (exceptions being packages for which a review
happened *before* the upload).