Re: DDTSS is down

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:58 PM, Joe Dalton <joedalton2@yahoo.dk> wrote:
> please don't fix this. It is better to have the robot down than up and running with a 1.000 errors.
>
> So please take it down again.

Ok, now I'm confused. I was contacted yesterday on IRC to look at the
server and it appeared to be running several hundred copies of the
perl script and mostly in swap. So I kill all those and it works
again, only now the database is missing stuff. So I fix that. And now
you want me to take "it" down?

What do you mean by "it": DDTSS, DDTP or everything else on that server?

Looking at the mail history it looks like all the problems were caused
by a disk full which corrupted the database. What makes you think that
with recovering the database these aren't all fixed as well. If
there's still problems, lets hear them.

Now, it's clear that there needs to be more info about how to recover
the database so that I'm not the only one who can do it. So I attached
something below for the archives.

Lets see if the issues are now solved first.

Have a nice day,

--- cut ---
In my home directory there are two programs, /home/kleptog/db_dump and
/home/kleptog/db_load. The database is at
/org/ddtp.debian.net/ddtss/ddtss2.db .

What I did was basically:

1. Lock out the user interface, by editting the script in
/var/www/ddtp/ddtss/index.cgi
2. cp /org/ddtp.debian.net/ddtss/ddtss2.db ~/ddtss2.db
3. time nice ./db_dump ~/ddtss2.db -r -f ~/ddtss2.dump
4. time nice ./db_load -t btree -f ~/ddtss2.dump ~/ddtss2.db.fixed
5. mv ~/ddtss2.db.fixed /org/ddtp.debian.net/ddtss/ddtss2.db

The exact steps may be different due to permissions and checking
whether the resulting files are about the right size. If the files got
a lot smaller, you did something wrong. It should be about 300MB.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/