Change ddtss interface?

Hello,
I am a Debian l10n Spanish translator and I am a ddtss user for
several years. Now, I think it would better change the dttss user
interface. I want ask you if I could develop a new interface. I don't
want change internal functionality, only interface for add a more
graphical interface, a nice css and, perhaps, ajax.
It would be easy adopt a new interface? It would be easy the
integration of a new interface?

I think change the interface would help us to get more translator with
a less technical profile.

This mail was initially addressed to Martin, as ddtss developer, but
perhaps it is interesting for someone in i18n.

Regerds.