Re: Pootle status

Thanks for your reply, Christian. :)

On 15/02/2009, at 12:04 AM, Christian Perrier wrote:

Quoting Clytie Siddall (clytie@riverland.net.au):

What is the status of our Pootle server? It looks good, it works, but is
it still only being used for testing, or are those the current files?

I ask because the Debian Installer is shown as 71% complete for my
language, where it is actually 100% complete (I love those round numbers
;) ).

This is because iso-codes in what's called "Debian Installer" in the
Pootle server includes ALL PO files for iso-codes and not only
ISO-3166.

In the "D-I" stats, only ISO-3166 is counted as others are not used to
install Debian.

However, on the Pootle server, we checkout the entire GIT repository
of iso-codes....which explains why your stats (and indeed stats for
all languages) are different.

I am actually not sure that I will leave the layout on Pootle as it is
now.

Very probably, "Debian Installer" will be restricted to the "real"
Debian Installer (ie level 1) and other stuff in levels 2-5 will
become separate projects.

That will probably be clearer for everybody.

I think it would be a good idea not to include the iso-codes files not used in the installer, especially now another 7000-odd strings have been added in iso_639_3. It will take teams a while to catch up with those. A lot of untranslated strings can be discouraging for teams with low resources, while those nearly-complete percentages tempt you in for "just another few minutes" of translation before bedtime/meals/ work. ;)

I'm glad Pootle is current, though. I have all my Pootle servers open on tabs in my browser, and jump from one to another while the tabs load. It's almost an indoor sport. :D

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n