Re: Lenny upgrade-advisor

On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 13:12 +0200, Vincent Danjean wrote:
> [I CC to debian-i18n@lists.debian.org in case someone has better
> recommendations to do]
>
> Franklin PIAT wrote:
> > Vincent Danjean wrote:
> >>
> >> Did you consider i18n ?

Done ! That was much more time consuming than I expected... But now, I
know how gettext'ize a shell script.

How do I move on from here? How/where can I notify i18n people about it?
(BTW, the English text should be reviewed before any translation!)

> >> gettext exists as a shell program (and you can easily provide
> >> a function that does nothing in case gettext is not installed)
> >
> > Do you know any package that use this feature ?
> > That would help me implement it the right way.

I found the package pppoeconf to be a very good example. Thank you for
your tips, especially  :

> #Right: $BASEDIR not interpreted before gettext called but after (translators
> #must keep $BASEDIR in their translation)
> #xgettext can extract the message:
> ARG="$(eval echo "$(gettext '$BASEDIR/file.en.html')")"
> echo "$ARG"

Franklin

P.S. Please CC me, as I'm not subscribed to this list.