Re: About a petition for debian-l10n-basque or debian-user-basque

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 02:21:55PM +0100, pi wrote:
> We have notice that most translating groups use debian-user-* list at first but later, if needed, ask for a debian-l10n-* team. Due to
> the unique quality of the Basque Language, one hundred per cent of Basque users speak either Spanish, English or French; because of
> this all users clarify their doubts on one of these big language communities.
>
> We don´t want to propose something that is difficult to approve, and we are asking for your expert advice:
>
>     *  Would it be possible for Debian to create a mail list for us ? There are a few translators working on this and we don´t know if
> Debian is willing to invest more resources on it.

Of course! This should be no problem.

>     * Which of these would be more  logical to ask for: debian-user-basque or debian-110n-basque? It would be interesting to create
> debian-user-basque to see if we can strengthen the community but if it weren't used to solve user doubts, we shouldn't´use it to
> manage issues related to 110n on a user team.

Maybe you should start with debian-l10n-basque. If there will be one
time also not translation specific questions you could ask again for
a debian-user-basque list.

> Could you offer us any advice or do you have any literature to help us start in Debian Description Translation Project?

See http://ddtp.debian.net/ and the top links.

PS: Once you know the listname for sure you have to contact a listmaster
for approval ...

Jens