Re: Please review/update upstream translations in system-config-printer

Hi,

Le lundi 18 février 2008 à 17:36 +1030, Clytie Siddall a écrit :
> 1. lodge it with a recognized translation list, such as the GNOME
> desktop or the Translation Project, OR request its translation on an
> i18n list

Currently the project is hosted at Fedora and the translations are
managed by translate.fedoraproject.org. However it seems the translators
are not very responsive, and the developers are utterly failing on this
point:

> 4. notifying us of upcoming releases (ideally, at least two weeks
> earlier), best practice is by using a utility such as po-debconf [2]

They have no synchronisation to the translation teams whatsoever, which
leads to the so large number of fuzzy/missing strings.

The long-term solution is probably to migrate this project to the GNOME
infrastructure; by following the GNOME roadmap and procedures, and with
the responsiveness of GNOME translators, the result should be much
different. I’ll ask upstream to think about it.

As for now, I think I’ll request the translations here each time we
update the package in Debian, and wait for a week or two before actually
uploading the package.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.