Re: [Draft] Request for translation updates in Debian packages

Jens Seidel wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 07:49:49PM +0100, Luk Claes wrote:
>> Christian Perrier wrote:

>> Why not: the Debian I18N Task Force would like to...
>
> No, definitively not!
>
> I had exactly this "Debian I18N Task Force" in mind when I wrote the
> initial mail. I know that Christian used this term often but I never
> (really!) understood what team he referred to! I know about the NMU
> process initiated by him and assumed that he refers to a special group
> of people helping with it, but I never found (or remember) a definition
> of it. I assumed this team is related to an Alioth project or another
> subproject, was founded via private meetings, ... Since I did not
> understand it I mostly ignored all references to this team and excluded
> myself (not that I would be a great help but ...).
>
> PS: If a mathematician such as me can avoid using useless definitions you can
> it too, right?

So what's your definition of private meeting, one where you were not present?
The term was first used at the Extremadura meeting which according to my
definition is not private at all... Using such a term is meant to show that we
(as a team of i18n people) want to make a difference IMHO. It's not meant to
exclude anybody on the contrary...

Cheers

Luk
--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D