Re: Announce of an upcoming l10n upload for the mhc package

On December 4, 2006 at 10:37PM +1030,
clytie (at riverland.net.au) wrote:

> > I've noticed that mhc-0.25.1+20050120/debian/po/vi.po has a
> > copyright notice by Free Software Foundation, Inc.  Is it really
> > copyrighted by FSF?  Can it be distributed under the same
> > conditions as the upstream?
>
> Kinoshita, I have assigned copyright in all my translations to the
> Free Software Foundation. That's why I use that copyright header.
>
> The POT file doesn't specify any particular copyright, or the line
> saying the translation is under the same copyright as the original.
> Do you want us to use something else?

If the work isn't by FSF, please remove the name of FSF.

Also, to clarify distributing conditions, I hope the following
lines will be added.

# The author gives unlimited permission to copy, distribute and modify
# this flie.

Could you agree to this?

(Though license conditions of contributed translation works are
often handled casually...)

--
Tatsuya Kinoshita