Re: licence of translations

Hi,

this thread is old but I still want to correct it.

On Saturday 10 June 2006 22:36, Michael Bramer wrote:
> You can't lost the 'Urheberschutz' IMHO this is translated with
> 'copyright'

No. Urheberrecht is not copyright. Copyright (in germany) is based on
Urheberrecht (droit d'auteur in french). You can give away the copyright, but
you cannot give away your Urheberrechte.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsches_Urheberrecht
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urheberrecht

> But you can give others the right to copy your work (license).

Yes.

> If you make a song, you have the 'Urheberschutz' aka 'copyright'.

Yes.

> You give a musik company the right to sell copys per I-Net, CD, ...
> and you get some money (copy license). Normal they don't have the
> permission to change your work etc.

Yes.

regards,
	Holger