Re: bug-reporting for non-English users

Hi J-C :)

On 30/04/2005, at 1:38 AM, Jean Christophe André wrote:

Clytie, there is already an active vietnamese FLOSS community so-called "ViệtLUG", mixing local and overseas vietnamese people (and even not vietnamese ones: I'm on it ;-)), see http://www.vnlinux.org/sitemoi/ There is an associated mailing-list too: vietlug-users@lists.sourceforge.net It's not especialy about Debian though, but there are people asking about Debian/Ubuntu/Knoppix/...

Yes, I know what resources are currently available. The difficulty is, as you would know, the tiny number of people making them available, with very little time for each project. The projects tend to depend heavily on the one or two people maintaining them, and any change or overload in that person or couple of people can stall or derail that project considerably. It may still be there, but it won't be as active as incoming users may need it to be. I really don't know the solution to that, but I think a language page for Debian is not a bad idea, as a backup.

What do you think about creating a debian-l10n-vietnamese for this? I'm not sure there will be enougth people on it right know, but it could be The Right Way™ to let people come...

Let's see how we go with getting Vietnamese tested as an install, first. Spreading our resources even more thinly may not be the best step...

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhóm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc