Re: Further queries re. manual vs level 1

On 30/12/2005, at 11:18 PM, Miroslav Kure wrote:

I'm assuming the user has to be able to see these things in able to
use them, so they must be part of the install process, and thus
strings in the level 1 PO file. But I can't find them.

I can find long strings which include auto-boot, but not that term
separately. I can't find "boot now" at all.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Yes. The part you are mentioning is talking about booting on
Macintosh and particulary about the program 'Penguin', which is not
part of debian-installer. It is separate program used *before*
booting to Debian.

Thanks, Miroslav. I didn't realize the debian-installer level 1 file didn't cover the entire installation process. When I think about how many different architectures there are, I realize it probably couldn't. ;)

However, my first priority in Debian was to translate the installer, so users in my community could install Debian. Are there, in fact, architecture-specific install programs which I have not yet translated? If so, where do they fit in the Debian Installer Translation process?

I am certainly willing to translate them, and I wish I'd known about them much earlier.