Re: About pt_BR and pt_PT translations

tirsdag 25 oktober 2005, 04:08, skrev Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw):
> Hi,
>
> 	First the background. :o)
>
> 	pt_PT is the Portuguese used in Portugal, pt_BR is the Brazilian
> Portuguese used in Brasil. We have several differences in the language
> context, specially in the computer area.

Off-topic, but I can't resist. In a previous job I visited Rio de Janeiro,
colleagues took me to lunch and during the conversation they pricked their
ears and turned to another table. "That language sounds familiar, but I can't
quite make it out."  "Can't you hear it's Portugal Portuguese!!"

But then, the Cariocas seem to have a very special dialect, too - almost no
consonants :-)

Bjørn