Re: Starting a new language

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 07:10:15PM +0100, Michael Bramer wrote:
[snip]
> we have only pt_BR now. And I don't know any effort.
>
> How differnence is pt_BT and pt_PT. It is usefull to fill the pt_PT db
> with the pt_BR translations interacted, and you make only a review
> process and make some changes (and convert pt_BR to pt_PT)?

Please, don't try to make pt_PT and pt_BR be the same thing. I'm
currently having a hard work translating lots of debconf templates to
pt_BR and lots of things are different between these two languages.

Actually, for your information, lots of campanies in Brazil didn't
wanted to use OpenOffice.org until it got official pt_BR support (it had
only pt_PT support). So, it would be better if pt_PT could be managed as
a separated language. Sure, we could help each other and exchange
information, but let's keep the two languages as two separated things.

Regards,

--
||  André Luís Lopes                   andrelop@ig.com.br               ||