Re: info files

"J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)" <jhm@cistron.nl> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 09:36:35 +0100, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> > How to translate info files (/usr/share/info)?
>
> Don't try to translate the info files themselves. Info files are an output
> format; the source format is "texinfo", and the texinfo sources are found in
> the source package.

According to Edition 4.0 of the Texinfo manual, updated 28 September
1999., texinfo is practically not usable for Polish, because there is
no legal way to insert ą (a with ogonek) and ę (e with ogonek).  Other
national characters have to be input in a very cumbersome way.

Does anybody know a good way out? Perhaps one has to prepare text in
SGML and then convert it into info files?

Best regards

Janusz

--
                     ,