Re: Debian for the developing world: help with human languages

JC Helary <helary@eskimo.com> writes:

> I am back from a trip to Cambodia and was surprised to see so many windows
> machines everywhere.
>
> I wondered then what was khmer support on debian

I'm in Malaysia this week at the "Global Knowledge II" conference,
(www.globalknowledge.org) participating in a workshop on using Debian
and Free Software in developing communities... I've heard comments
similar to yours about other countries as well.  It seems there's a
lack of awareness more than a lack of government support.  I'll see if
I can get any contacts in Cambodia while I'm here, to get them (and
these other backward Microsoft-dominated countries) interested in some
good legally free software.

If you're aware of specific Cambodian (or other) organizations or
individuals we should try to help, let us know.