Re: Euro document now available

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 10:33:38PM +0100, Ionel Mugurel Ciobîc? wrote:

> At "1.3 Standards" you are talking about "8-bit systems". Why you don't
> mention ISO-8859-16 (latin10)? Only ISO-8859-15 (Latin9) is there...
> ISO-8859-16 also has euro support.

	Will do.

> In "Chapter 4 Localisation issues", I see you are talking about
> /etc/locale.alias. Do you know who is responsable for it? Every time
> when I make an upgrade I have to change myself back the line "romanian
> ro_RO.ISO-8859-2" to "romanian ro_RO.ISO-8859-16"...

	File a bug against locales package this file should be a conffile.

> In /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/locale.alias is even worse, what is that
> rumanian? Unfortunatelly this word is also in English dictionary, while
> romanian is not.

	File a bug against the xlibs package (Branden)

> In "4.2.2 Font configuration", I have ISO8859-16 fonts, you can mention
> the place where it can be taken:
> "http://httpd.chello.nl/fonturi/index-en.html";.

	Are they package in Debian?

> In "5.2.12 LaTeX", I have a latin10.def file, I can provide an
> latin9.def too, if necessary.

	Yes, please.

> "FIXME: What about the cent? Is it provided in tetex-eurosym?"
> No, tetex-eurosym provide only euro symbol. Textcent is provided by
> textcomp.sty, if this is not different.

	Ok. Will add.

> In "5.3 Applications that do not support the euro character" you said:
> "Problems with LyX are similar to LaTeX, there is a need for a new
> inputenc." As I mentioned earlier, I have latin9.def and latin10.def.
> Someone care to have it? I will submit it at CTAN.

	This could be pretty nead, the Spanish TeX users list had some
problems to fix these issues without one. Could you send these files to me too?
Also please file a bug against tetex-base (I can do it for you) so it can
provide this files at /usr/share/texmf/dvips/base/ until they appear at CTAN.

	Regards

	Javi