Re: creating Hurd chroots on Linux using DPKG_ROOT chrootless mode

Hello,

Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues, le mer. 10 avril 2024 10:09:02 +0200, a ecrit:
> So I tried the whole thing again and we got a new blocker:
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=fakeroot

I'm not sure why it's a blocker? Is the previous fakeroot version not
enough?

> Do you see an easy way to fix fakeroot on hurd-i386

If it was easy it would be fixed already :)

> or should I just disable fakeroot mode?

Note that there is the fakeroot-hurd alternative which is actually much
more lightweight and much less hacky than fakeroot.

> Or maybe I should switch my tests from hurd-i386 to hurd-amd64?

You'll probably miss a lot of packages on hurd-amd64.

Samuel