Re: crosshurd x86 dependency issues

On 30/05/2023 4:59 am, Amos Jeffries wrote:
Hi all,

After the recent great progress on 64-bit Hurd I figured it was about time I joined in the testing.

I picked crosshurd to do the bootstrap process.

  crosshurd -t /src/hurd/deb-crosshurd/hurd64 -s gnu -c x86_64 -d unstable

Initially it reveals that Debian ports has no packages yet (sad, but oh well).

After patching crosshurd/sources.list to allow it to use Simons' temporary repo:

Gah, mucho shame. Sorry ***Samuel**

 https://people.debian.org/~sthibault/tmp/hurd-amd64
(along with the necessary key registration for apt)

The output becomes:

E: Package 'isc-dhcp-client' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'gettext-base' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'info' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package cardmgr-gnumach
E: Unable to locate package wireless-tools-gnumach

Full log:

Get:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian unstable InRelease [195 kB]
Get:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian-ports unstable InRelease [107 kB]
Get:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian-ports unreleased InRelease [71.8 kB]
Get:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian unstable/main all Packages [4,538 kB]
Get:5 https://people.debian.org/~sthibault/tmp/hurd-amd64 sid InRelease [3,264 B] Get:6 https://people.debian.org/~sthibault/tmp/hurd-amd64 sid/main hurd-amd64 Packages [214 kB] Get:7 http://deb.debian.org/debian unstable/main Translation-en [6,984 kB] Get:8 http://deb.debian.org/debian-ports unstable/main hurd-amd64 Packages [9,892 kB]
Fetched 22.0 MB in 42s (525 kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done
W: --force-yes is deprecated, use one of the options starting with --allow instead. W: https://people.debian.org/~sthibault/tmp/hurd-amd64/dists/sid/InRelease: Key is stored in legacy trusted.gpg keyring (/etc/apt/trusted.gpg), see the DEPRECATION section in apt-key(8) for details.

 ====> Side problem:
  The instructions in https://people.debian.org/~sthibault/tmp/hurd-amd64/README.txt are not compatible with Debian apt-key current version.   For current Debian we need a foo.gpg file to drop into /etc/apt/keyrings
  which can be used on the "deb [signed-by=../foo.gpg] ..." line.

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Package gettext-base is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

Package isc-dhcp-client is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

Package info is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

W: --force-yes is deprecated, use one of the options starting with --allow instead.
E: Package 'isc-dhcp-client' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'gettext-base' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'info' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package cardmgr-gnumach
E: Unable to locate package wireless-tools-gnumach
Failed to download the .deb's.