Re: netdde not detecting cards

On 7/6/2012 12:10 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> To people who were having problems of network card detection with
> netdde, I've found that it was hardcoded that only bus 0 and 2 were
> probed for.  The attached patch should probe for all buses, and
> probably fix the issue you were having. Check your lspci output, if it
> looked like
>
> 03:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82579LM Gigabit Network
> Connection (rev 04)
>
> i.e. first number for the network board is neither 00 nor 02, then
> it's normal that netdde was not finding your card. You can apply the
> attached patch to the hurd package, install it, and rebuild netdde, or
> just wait for the next hurd+netdde upload, or CD image build.
>
> Samuel

Samuel,

This patch is working great on both of my machines now.

As a side note, on one of the machines I am successfully using the 3c59x driver.  To build it I just
added a "int nr_irqs = 255;" line directly in 3c59x.c.  I can try to look into a more appropriate
solution if you would like.

Thanks for all you do!!

Barry deFreese