Re: How to create a clean build environment?

Svante Signell, le Fri 06 Jul 2012 10:21:30 +0200, a écrit :
> Thanks, that would work. I was more interested if it could be done on a
> separate partition, maybe using chroot. How are the buildds set up to
> get a clean environment, what is pre-installed from start (before
> installing package dependencies), etc?

The base installation is the base system plus the build-essential
package.

But there are also some tweaks to do in order to work in a chroot,
similarly to mounting /proc, /sys, /dev/pts on linux, basically
firmlinking some things. I however unfortunately haven't really
collected what is needed, I can only think of firmlinking /tmp and
/servers/socket, and rebuilding /dev/pty* with proper paths.

Samuel