Re: Package building on xen- or kvm-based buildds?

Svante Signell, le Fri 02 Dec 2011 00:12:45 +0100, a écrit :
> > These *are* implemented, that's why the difference with SysV IPC and
> > semaphores is important :)
>
> Sorry that I don't get it: Pino said on November 30:
> 22:17:19< gnu_srs1> How much work is needed to support fakeroot-sysv?
> 22:17:50< pinotree> implement sysv shared memory

He probably meant sysv semaphores & ipc.

> >Only in-process semaphores, by libpthread. I.e. sem_init, but not
> sem_open.
>
> Q1) What is the relation between fakeroot-sysv and SysV shared memory?

None.

> Q2) fakeroot-sysv use IPC and semaphores. IPC is supported,

?? No it's not either.

> but only for in-process semaphores are: Complete semaphore support is
> needed for fakeroot-sysv to work properly?

Yes.

> Q3) What is the current status of fakeroot-hurd?

Half-working. One of the issues relates with pochu's patch for file exec
name. Just try to run fakeroot-hurd and then start ./configure, bash
gets $0 wrong.

> Would that be a better alternative for the wholee fakeroot issue?

I'd say so, but it must be fixed first, since for now ./configure can't
work at all for instance.

Samuel