Re: Upcoming FTPMaster meeting

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 06:41:25AM +0100, olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 04:56:36PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:

> > > Why? GNU/Hurd has made vast improvements during last year. Even the
> > > Debian installer is functional. Now, with support for VMs like qemu,
> > > xen and virtualbox, more people are showing interest in GNU/Hurd.
> >
> > Please let's not have that discussion on debian-devel without making a
> > good case first and coordinating responses.
>
> I.e., never?

Hrm?

> What's so bad about someone speaking up? They keep bringing this up. If
> nobody reacts, it's a sure sign nobody cares, and they are free to drop
> it. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the whole point of
> bringing it up at all...

First off, claiming that we got loads of newly interested
users/developers recently isn't a good approach, it was shot down by
Marco immediately.

Seconds, mailing -devel about it won't help that much, we need to talk
to the ftp-masters as well.

I think we should revisit their old list of requirements and see how we
do, prepare a report on that and ask them what else we should do now.

Michael