Re: [Fwd: Some qemu+hurd questions]

Hi Svante,

> Installation went well, apt and grub2 work perfectly, however extremely
> slow, several hours for the installation.

Great! (that it worked)

> - When installing Hurd, no Swedish locale was found, I used the default.
> The problem is that the US keyboard is used by qemu+hurd, while I have a
> Swedish keyboard. It is very difficult to type correctly since common
> characters are at strange positions, e.g. - is /, <shift>* is |, ö is :,
> etc. How do I get a Swedish keyboard mapping working in qemu+hurd?

I use qemu --curses to get my Neo keyboard layout :)

> - qemu seems to grab the mouse when clicking on the window, making it
> impossible to copy text from that window somewhere else. Is that
> solvable?

--curses, too. But you have to X, then.

…
> flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
> pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe pebs bts cid

→ http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Processor_support

Since vmx is missing, it doesn’t look that good for kvm. Did you try --enable-
kqemu and --kernel-kqemu (and being in the kqemu group)?

> - Availability of Emacs, Arch Hurd has a working version, not Debian.
> I'm not so fluent in using vi or nano.

There’s no emacs? Last time I looked, I had one running…

Besides: I use -m 512.

Best wishes,
Arne