Re: aptitude can't be installed

On Nov 20, 2007 2:01 AM, Anatoly A. Kazantsev <jim-crow@rambler.ru> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:05:55 +0530
> Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Javier Vasquez wrote:
> >
> > > I've tried installing aptitude under debian-hurd, but there's a
> > > missing dependency:
> > >
> > > Depends:  libapt-pkg-libc6.6-6-4.4 but it is not installable
> > >
> > > And the package libapt-pkg-libc6 doesn't even exists...  Is there
> > > going to be an aptitude under debian-hurd?  To seek for packages, a
> > > ncurses based tool is usually handy, but I don't like dselect much, :
> >
> > How did you try to install debian-hurd? If it was from the K-14 cds then
> > aptitude was not included in it. I hope that it will be included in the
> > K15 set. But I think that it should be available via cross-hurd though I
> > have not checked.
> > Regards
> > Vikram Vincent

I installed hurd through crosshurd.  It was not installed
automatically, but as I then upgraded throug "apt-get dist-upgrade", I
found it available through the repositories.  It actually tries to
install when using "apt-get install aptitude", but then the dependency
problem shows up...

Aptitude has become with time an essential package management tool to
me now, :), so I really miss it under hurd...

Thanks a lot,

--
Javier