GCC 4.2 status w.r.t. glibc, hurd

Hello!

I've been building the Debian glibc 2.6-3 package with GCC 4.2, installed
it and rebooted.  The system came up again.  Yay.  Building with GCC 4.2
should be done by default with the recent glibc 2.6-4 upload, I think.

Then, having that one installed and functioning as it seems, I went about
to rebuild the hurd 20070606-2 package against the new glibc package and
also built the hurd package using ``CC=gcc-4.2''.  It built fine, however
on rebooting it hangs after printing the ``cleaning up left over
files...done'' line.  As I have to leave now I can't investigate right
now what it's hanging at.

Regards,
 Thomas