Re: Linking problems

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 07:11:25PM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:
> Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:
>
> > There was a similar problem in the kfreebsd-i386 architecture and it
> > was solved by modifying binutils to honor /etc/ld.so.conf.

What I am doing is hacking sbuild to add an
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib before the dpkg-buildpackage call.  I
think the sbuild package distributed from db.debian.org (i.e. the one
used by the buildds) already has a hook for that even, you only need to
add something like

main::ld_library_path "/usr/X11R6/lib"

to ~/.sbuildrc.  I cannot check right now for the exact syntax as I
switched off my Hurd box temporarily, though.

> Didn't Jeff fix this already?  CC'ing Jeff to be sure he reads this...

No, we seem to only have a patch for glibc, I reported that to him a
while ago.  I saw that bit about kFreeBSD modifying binutils, but I did
not manage to rebuild binutils with it yet, but I was going to try again
soonish.

In the meanwhile, we could discuss whether we really want that...

Michael