Re: libstdc++??

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 11:05:05PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> > Has everything been rebuilt for libstdc++5, if not, is this likely to
> > happen in the near future?
>
> Depends on your definition of near.  Not within days, but within weeks
> should be possible.

OK then, I will get onto producing J2 asap so people can use the set for
the intitial installation if they wish to avoid upgrading, J3 will will be
after the the transition is complete, DV.

> > No great problem as far as I can see as libstdc++3 and *++4 were included
> > in the J1 images and these could be included along with *++5.
>
> The problem is in inter library depedencies.  Some packages might break
> under certain conditions.  But I am not too concerned.

libstdc++3-4-5 will be included along with libdb2-3 and I will take the
risk.  Some testing first just in case.

Phil.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz