Re: How does it go on the AGP-bus front?

Danalien wrote:

Hi!

I use an AGP card with Hurd (GeForce2MX)

What a coincidence, I am also GeForce2MX(200) user :)

So can I just burn the hurd iso images, reboot, start installing?
Xor, is there a trick to get it running?

No trick. Just set XFree86 to use the default "nvidia" driver and
it should work fine. You won't have hardware accelerated OpenGL
with Hurd, but neither does anybody else yet either.

Remember to set X in Hurd to use "osmouse" (not PS/2)
and setup the appropriate mouse translator.

but AFAIK it just treats it like a PCI board.

Well AGP is just a modified PCI bus (they made something to it too get more bandwith... or something~).

Right. For non-AGP aware applications, it just appears to be
another PCI slot.