Hurd login box...

Hi all,

I have just upgraded me server to dual PPro so
my old one, a 486 is sitting in storage. :)

Anyway, I just looked at

http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi

and there seems to be no Debian/hurd boxes for
developers. Would be an advantage to have
something like a 486 hurd box for developers?

The specs on the box are:

486DX2 66 [overclocked to 80]
20MB RAM
1-2G HD space [stil would have to find an extra drive]

I've used Arctic Silver epoxy to glue a spare
Slot A Athlon heatsink onto the 486 so
it runs cool when overclocked - yes, no fan.

I know, it's not much. But somewhat comparable
to the m68k machine :) [ignoring the ram part].

- Adam

PS. If more space is needed, I could set up NFS b/w the box and
some space on the PPro. Even up to 20G wouldn't be a problem
then proving NFS doesn't fuck up.