Re: Installing packages hangs

Philip Charles <philipc@copyleft.co.nz> wrote:
> If it is the same problem as before, and it looks as though it could be,
> the work round is:-
>
> rm -f /var/cache/apt/*.bin
> apt-get update
> apt-get install foo bar ...
>
> The needs to be used to install any set of packages.

It seems it isn't the same problem, as this did not fix it.  The same
thing happens, except for that I now get to 28% sometimes now.  Any
chance to reach the 30% mark with an additional trick? :)

I'd be very interested in seeing the rpctrace output for machines where
the similar problem occured, though.  Do people who had this problem
still have it or has it magically disappeared at some point (e.g. with
the libio transition)?

> A proper solution would be welcome.

For now, any solution would be.

Cheers,