Re: Installing packages hangs

James Morrison <rocketmail_com@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> Well, it seems the /var is not writable.  So you probably show us what
> fsysopts /var/cache/apt shows.

If /var would just be non-writable, it would fail also without using
rpctrace. And actually, it is on the root file system, which is
writable; the error probably comes from this (as it happens shortly
before it displays the message):

[...]
task316-> 2012 (0 8 0) = 0 20054016
  75->25001 ( 0 {0 0} 0 {0 0}) = 0xfffffed0 ((ipc/mig) server type check failure)
[...]

25001 is the auth_makeauth RPC.

BTW, is there a file for rpctrace's "--rpc-list" option included in the
Hurd (Debian) package?  If not, it would probably a good idea to add it.
As soon as I have that, it might make sense to provide the full log.

Cheers,
GNU/Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Jährling  <wolfgang@pro-linux.de>  \\  http://stdio.cjb.net/