Re: Building linux gcc tarball for Hurd H4

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 03:29:21AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 07:02:29AM -0000, James Joseph wrote:
> > 3) Are the modifications to make gnu packages work for Hurd, in
> > the SAME package as the ones used for building a GNU / Linux
> > system, or do i need to download SEPERATE packages?
>
> They are in the same package.

The source packages are the same, but the compiled packages are
different.  So you (James) either need to download both i386 and
hurd-i386 packages or download the source package and build it
manually.  (Which is some work, I'd guess, and might not even reduce
download size as the source packages are sometimes larger than the
binary packages.)
--
                                                Niklas