Scary idea for a package

 First, I'm curious if this idea is sane, then I'm curious if it would be
useful,
and after that, I'll be curious if it is possible.

 How about a gnumach2-custom package, that depends on build-essentials, mig,
and
oskit and uses debconf to store its configuration options.  I guess the
priority
would be High on the list of check boxes, so everyone who installs this package
gets the proper questions.  So, the postinst script would run configure,
make kernel-[drivers], gzip -9c kernel > /boot/gnumach-custom.gz, and then
be done.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU