Re: Oskit-mach tests

Jeff, I am still interested in hacking on SMP support for
OSKit-Mach, but I have been busy and otherwise occupied
for quite a while. I run a Tyan Thunder 100 Pro with dual
Pentium II 450's right now. I haven't made the big Hurd
update yet.

I have a massive development network including the SMP
box, an hppa C200, and two Corel Netwinders. I am really
wanting to become a bonafide Debian developer but I need
a sponsor. I went to Debconf2 at Toronto and got my key
signed by several other developers. Would perhaps sponsor
me and I will start seriously hacking away at OSKit-Mach
again?

I have already built an Arm -> X86 GDB serial cross debugger
so I can use my Netwinder to debug a running OSKit-Mach kernel
and it works nice.

I'd be happy to help out but I really think you should
upgrade me to a real developer. I've been using Debian since
1992! ( I kid you not - I was running 0.97 on my 386! )

- Doug

Jeff Bailey wrote:
Thanks to Marcus for testing my new Oskit-mach package.

These are available as:

http://people.debian.org/~jbailey/gnumach-dev_1.90.20020731-1_hurd-i386.deb
http://people.debian.org/~jbailey/gnumach_1.90.20020731-1_hurd-i386.deb

Note that while I don't recommend the regular gnumach package for day
to day use, the gnumach-dev will be what I use for building glibc so
that the headers for the I/O permission bitmap modification calls
(needed for the console client in oskit-mach)

FWIW, The underlying oskit was compiled with gcc-3.1.  Success reports
are more than welcome. =)

Tks,
Jeff Bailey