Re: compiling random - was: ssh on hurd

Jaap Karssenberg <j.g.karssenberg@student.utwente.nl> writes:

> Greetings,
>
>> Build everything, as random needs other libraries to actually
>> link/compile, and it doesn't use the system wide ones.
>
> Well I actually I did make the whole hurd cvs tree without errors (as I
>  stated in my original mail), but this message error eppeared anyway.

Does your build look anything like:

     /opt/hurd-src/{BUGS		defpager/	  libihash.d	       nfsd.d
COPYING		defpager.d	  libiohelp/	       pfinet/......}

and you untar-ed random in
     /opt/hurd-src/

giving
     /opt/hurd-src/random/

     /opt/hurd-build/{BUGS		defpager/	  libihash.d	       nfsd.d
COPYING		defpager.d	  libiohelp/	       pfinet/......}

and

Then did the following?

    cd /opt/hurd-build

and you ran

    /opt/hurd-src/configure

then make?

     Because version.h should be in that directory now.

Sorry, I forget if version.h is  in hurd-src or build,  as I am trying
building in the source tree.

--
Hurd References:
http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/