apt-get error

Hi,

I got a strange error when I was trying to do apt-get install
xfree86-common:<blabla>
Unpacking xfree86-common (from .../xfree86-common_4.1.0-17_all.deb) ...
E: Couldn't wait for subprocess - waitpid (1073741928 Computer bought
the farm)

And everything hung. I was accessing the hurd-computer through telnet
and when I turned on the screen the whole screen was filled with
"(default pager): dropping data_request because of previous paging
errors".

I don't understand much of this but "Computer bought the farm"?! wtf? :)
It seems to me as if the unpacking took to long, and the computer bought
a farm which caused a bunch of paging-errors :)
Nah, any idéas on what happened?