newbie problem

Greetings,

I'm a newbie trying to install the hurd, i read the install guide and the mail
archives of the last months and I have the idea that i understand them.

My general problem is that the native-install script hangs at a certain point,
it gives no error message and it really hangs (i let it alone for a night and
in the morning it was the same). The first time I run it it hangs at the
lines: "
 settrans ttypo /hurd/term /dev/ttypo
 pty-slave /dev/ptypo
 settrans -cg ptypp "
I tried several releases and both the old (serverboot.gz)  and new  (module
/hurd/ext2fs.static ...) boot sequence. Still the problem is very consequent.
When i reboot and run the script again -just being stubborn- it starts
installing packages but most of the time hangs at the ext2 progs package.

At this moment i use the 20020523 tarbal on a 500 mb partition. There occurs
one error at boot time saying that ext2fs.static encountered a bad block or
something of the like, but this does not seem to bug the system (root is
mounted correctly etc).
Also i looked into the irq's and according to my redhat install there is one
shared irq between usb and the mother bord chipset. Though i reckon hurd
wouldn't boot at all if this was a problem - also i dont use any usb devices.

I would be very happy if someone could hint me towards a sollution,

Jaap Karssenberg