Re: debootstrap (sort of) working

On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 07:04:15AM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> argh, why do i always end up repeating someone else's work? :)

Well, you didn't.  I did only a small subset of what is required, as you
actually used it to produce a chroot environment, your changes must be more
complete :)

> I'll look at your patch. did you create a sid target or fix the existing
> woody one?

I don't even know what you mean by this question, so little I know about
debootstrap.

> > Simple:  The debootstrap configuration phase shouldn't fail, and it should
> > create the devices, and set up the basic translators like native install
> > does.  About actual integration, you need to talk to AJ.  In some subthread
> > of some thread we discussed the device things, and we concluded we would
> > simply do it in a script for now rather than a tar file, on the Hurd.
>
> what is the proposed location for that script?

It should be some internal debootstrap thing.  It doesn't even need to be a
separate script necessarily.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de