Re: Long term progress, not perfection

On Sun, 19 May 2002, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 09:11:55AM -0700, Pankaj kaushal wrote:
> > Apart from Philips CD's there has been little effort
> > from anyone else part to do anything on
> > distribution.
>
> Well, this is not true.  Jeff Bailey and me built all those packages that
> were put on the CD.  A lot of people contributed to porting packages.
>
> Much more is needed, and nobody but Philip worked on an installer and CD
> sets.

I worked on the CDs because I am not capable of doing anything else, but
this was something I could do.  It freed up others to do more important
work.

There are other things people can do without in depth hacking skills, e.g.
documentation.

Phil.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz