Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 11:07:41AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 04:06:07AM +0200, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> > And why do you drop the CC of debian-hurd? Don't you think this
> > discussion also matters to them?

> Steve is using mutt, and appears to have 'subscribe
> debian-devel@lists.debian.org' in his .muttrc. If he forgot to tell mutt
> about the existence of -hurd by adding 'lists
> debian-hurd@lists.debian.org' to his .muttrc, and then proceeded to use
> the list-reply function, then the mailer's default behaviour would have
> been to follow-up only to -devel. I did this elsewhere in the thread but
> happened to notice before posting.

Actually, since I only subscribe to debian-devel, I didn't see much need
for letting people on debian-hurd know that I was killfiling Jeroen
(since anyone subscribed to debian-hurd and not debian-devel would not
see my posts anyway, and any posts made only to debian-hurd would not be
seen by me).

Furthermore, there's no 'discussion' here -- where Jeroen is concerned,
I don't think there ever has been, and there certainly won't be in the
future.  I don't <plonk> unless I really mean it.

He's free to take that as an indication that I'm a closed-minded,
provincial Linux supporter.  I don't care, he's completely irrelevant to
Debian development and is the Hurd port's worst advocate, so knowing
that there's one more flaw in his world view won't bother me in the
least.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer