Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Sun, 19 May 2002, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:

> On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 10:25:13AM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> > #include <hallo.h>
> > >
> > > Why don't you CC to debian-hurd or CC him? Maybe he can defend his
> > > opinion then.
> >
> > Why don't _you_ provide a FAQ about this issue, or even provide some
> > realistic arguments that others can reproduce? Sorry people, but I
> > cannot see where the problems with Hurd are and as long as I do not see
> > any, I must presume that there are some vain people going to reinvent
> > the wheel.
>
> YOU are actually one of those problems, you are somebody who
> downgrades grave bugs to wishlist because the Hurd is unreleased. I
> don't need to write a FAQ about that, it's already documented that if
> a package doesn't build it's a grave bug.

This is a separate issue, which you do not seem to know about.

It's already been discussed that the severity of a bug is different than the
RCness of it.  I have some faint idea of how to fix this in the bts, and I am
certain Anthony does at well.  However, now is not the time to implement it,
as the release is inniment(sp).

> And of course people reinvent the wheel. Do you know why? Because some
> people just don't want to cooperate to do it together all at once.

To which group are you attempting to have this analogy used against?  Those
who were there first, or those doing the reinventing?

> If you look at portability and compatiblity, those 'linux people' are
> just as worse as Microsoft, the company they hate so much. The
> difference is just that they use free software and the biggest part of
> the GNU system. And I think that's a problem, because I want GNU/Hurd
> to be compatible and portable.

Strong words.  Personal attacks do not improve other's view of you.